Friday, June 15, 2018

Day 7 March Break Trip: Tolo to Athens


Day 7 (March 14) Once again Natalie and I joined our mini running group for a morning jog along the beach and through the quiet streets of Tolo, Greece.  What I love about Greece are the stray cats and dogs that roam the streets.  People will put out food, water, and bedding for them and these animals come and go as pleased.
Our first sightseeing stop for the day was to Epidaurus (an amphitheatre), then to Mycenae in Greece.  Mycenae is an archaeological site of a once was palace and major centre in Greece overlooking the Argolid to the Saronic Gulf.
The Lion's Gate.
We went for a quick lunch.
On this trip, we definitely ate at a lot of tourist restaurants, which is one thing I would totally do differently if I went back myself.  Everyone talks about Italian and Greek cuisine to be amazing,  but I found it mediocre and I think it's because I didn't get to actually experience a lot of authentic food.

I'd like to add that every time I see pictures of the outfit I wore this day I cringe.  It's so ill-fitted and ugh.

We then visited a pottery shop.
Before once again heading on the road, we made a pit stop at the Corinth Canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment