Monday, December 14, 2015

Nostalgic Mustard And Such


During the summer holidays, I took a trip down to Goodwill during their 50% off store wide sale.  I found this mustard table cloth and had a vision of transforming it into a skirt.  The details were blurry but I had good feeling about it.  It checked out for 2$ and four months later I finally got around to it.


I'm actually quite obsessed with this outfit.  It's not something I would think about pairing at the top of my head but each piece just seemed to fall seamlessly together.  The skirt is an oldie from my mom's closet.  But, what really pulled it all together was the jacket from Nevada.  It adds just enough structure and definition to what would other wise be very loose fitted ensemble.  I'm also not one who gravitates to yellow, but I'm getting more and more into it as I find new ways to incorporate it.  It's not as bad of a colour as I took it to be.  Especially when you rock the HMS socks :)  I've also got Hanna Montana.


Suits update... I just finished watching season 2 episode 5 and I was so sad because of what happened to Donna.  Wow it's pretty hard to say anything because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.  Gotta get to watching the next episode... but homework... but Suits.... but my priorities are not straight...



2 comments:

  1. Cool skirt! I think everyone has a pile of sewing, often of thrift store purchases that need alteration

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totallly. If only we had more time on our hands

      Delete