Tuesday, September 14, 2021

The Rockies Diary, Week 7: I Found my Favourite Shop in Town!

June 7, 2021 - June 13, 2021

A few weeks ago my roommate Kate came home with a copy of Pride and Prejudice from Cafe Books, just down the street from our apartment.  I had every intention of visiting the store for myself and just browsing their book selection as I have always borrowed my books from the library.  But seeing Kate with her own personal copy of a book she loves ignited my repressed desire to own copies of books that I love, as well.  And so, by the end of the summer I bought a total of four books - books that I have already read and know I love and will reread.  Those include: Me Before you by JoJo Moyes, The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, Normal People by Sally Rooney, and Atonement by Ian McEwan.


On June 8, I went on a spontaneous 10K run around the Bow River!  Once again, I was listening to an audiobook - In Cold Blood by Truman Capote - about serial killers as I was running all by myself through the woods.  My friend, Shania, likes to say I have main character energy.

That night Kate, Nicole, and I had dinner and cocktails at the Tavern.  I got a double stacked Mediterranean burger (7/10), a side of poutine (7/10), and a a terribly strong mango margarita (1/10)!  To end the night, we got some ice cream and watched The Blair Witch Project and Narnia in our living room.


On June 10, the three of us headed to the Farmer's Market - the first of many we would attend.  It had become a weekly ritual for us.  My favourite stand in the Crepes truck (10/10)!  I never went wrong with any crepe I chose.

No comments:

Post a Comment