Saturday, September 18, 2021

The Rockies Diary, Week 10 + 11: Banff Day Trip and Grassi Lakes

June 28, 2021 - July 4, 2021

Not much to document this week!

On June 28, Kate and I had the brilliant idea to spend the day at Quarry Lake (and a severe heat warning wasn't going to stop us!).  Later that night, I took myself out for dinner at Mii Sushi and BBQ and had a delicious bibimbap.

On June 29, the three of us headed out for a nice dinner at The Grizzly Paw - a very popular local restaurant.  Then we spontaneously continued our night at the Drake for drinks and desert.

July 5, 2021 - July 11, 2021

On July 5, all three of us had the day off so we headed off to Banff!  Nicole is infamously known for being Cow's number one fun (which is ironic considering we work at an ice cream shop). You'll find her decked out in the Cow's scrunchie, pyjama shorts, bucket hat, glasses, and I'm not sure if I'm missing anything else.  As such, Kate and I really wanted to visit them whilst in Banff and we also managed to score the bucket hat, too!  You can imagine how funny it would be to spot three girls in cow printed bucket hats walking down the busiest street in Banff.  One guy stuck his phone out of his car's sunroof to take a not-so-sneaky snapshot of us :)

On July 6, Nicole and I hiked Grassi Lakes!  It's one of the more easy hikes with great views.  I have never seen water so intensely turquoise and quick frankly, nothing compares.

No comments:

Post a Comment