Monday, September 28, 2020

Driving 'round town

September 13, 2020

It's the start of my third year at university!

I was supposed to be studying abroad in France for the next 8 months, but with the pandemic worsening throughout the summer, it was canceled.  As devastating as it was when I first got the news, I think I'm in a really good place :)

Suddenly, I had space to add 10 more credits, instead of taking a full year's worth of French credits that don't really count towards my degree requirements.  I could still finish with an Honours in Biology, but I was also doubting if I wanted to continue down the path to vet school or working in a lab.  And there were many reasons for my doubts, that I won't go into depth explaining here.  Long story short, I decided to do a joint major in Biology and Information Systems.  I enjoy programming and the appeal of IT is that there are so many different paths to take and you are constantly learning something new.

So that's a little update on my life, which I have been meaning to do for a long time!  I feel like every week I have something to update you guys on, but I don't always have the time to sit down and write out my thoughts.  I'm currently writing this as I listen to an online lecture...oops!

---

On this day, my housemates and I all went on a spontaneous drive to Kawartha Dairy and Jackson Park.  At the ice cream shop, I got a scoop of moosetracks and a scoop of salted caramel truffle.  I really love getting ice cream from Kawartha Dairy because their flavours are very well balanced (i.e. not too sweet)!  If you're ever near a place that sells Kawartha Dairy I highly recommend going!  It's a local favourite.

Anyways, I'll let you guys for now!  I've got a few more posts I have to write!  Oh and I should probably listen to my lecture ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment