Thursday, October 13, 2016

All for nothing?

About a week ago I ordered two books off of Indigo for my friends birthday present.  They are the first two in the trilogy Dust Lands by Moira Young.  The first one is Blood Red Road and the second is Rebel Heart.  It's been a couple years since I read them but I know they were great books when I did.  I used to be so into trilogies and dystopian fiction.  

I really am hoping she hasn't read them yet because I know she's an avid reader.  When I ordered it online at like 1 in the morning haha, it said it would arrive on the 12th of October.  Accordingly, I put a mental note in my mind to go to Indigo after school and pick them up.  I was pretty excited because it isn't very often I have an excuse to 'go out' during the week.  

Come the 12th, I was all hyped and ready to go.  It was going to be a long walk there ~ 40 mins but why the heck not.  I didn't bother checking my account to confirm its arrival, which I really should have.  Perhaps that's the first thing that went wrong.  The second would be I forgot the bring my book I'm currently reading called The Museum of Extraodinary Things by Alice Hoffman.  I would have preferred to be somewhat entertained on my long journey to the store.  But I forgot to bring it and ending up singing but one song on repeat: I gotta go my own way (HMS2).

When I got to the book store, the guy at the counter told me the books hadn't arrived yet.  Great.  40 minutes to get home.  Now it's the 13th and they finally arrived today so I'm gooing to go with my mom there when she gets home from work.

That is how yesterday when lol.
Anyways, this was the outfit I wore to school that day.  I layered two button ups, both thrifted, and a hand-me-down Anne Klein skirt from my mom.  It's a dark wash denim  maxi skirt and I love it to bits <3
And of course my usual rings that I adore from Forever21.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting mix of print (:

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layeeeeers

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous outfit x

    http://www.readytrendygo.com

    ReplyDelete