Sunday, August 30, 2015

Vintage Nike


The first time I ever went to Kensington Market it was for a geography class trip.  It was cold, it was empty, and it was mandatory.  Kensington Market is in Downton Toronto and is a National Historic Site of Canada (according to Google).  Our main focus there was to try different culture foods and report about them.  So when my friends and I went there, we pretty much walked around like lost children in a hay stack looking for food that we could report about just to get it over with.  We weren't actually told about all the other cool stores that were there and where to look.  So, when I went again with my sister just a few days ago I was a bit sceptical that I would enjoy myself there even though I had read really good reviews about Kensington Market at 11pm the night before.


If you're ever in Toronto, I would recommend checking Kensington Market out.  But only if it's a warm summer day.  No wind, no clouds, no rain, no snow.  Then you will make the most of it.  There's street art everywhere.  The perfect touristy photo op.  But what I enjoyed most there the second time I went were the vintage stores.  Once you find one store, you've found them all.  They're not scattered randomly throughout the neighbourhood.  They're one beside the other so you can easily hop in and hop out and move on to the next.  Some vintage stores are more expensive than others but are still sick to browse around!


The only clothing thing I picked up was this really cool vintage Red Socks tee from Nike.  To be honest I didn't really realize it was a Red Socks tee until the next day when I was wearing it and a boy walking by said "Big Red Socks Fan Hunh?".  Ya.  Awkward.  I just really like the look of it.  I guess I should have known since it is Nike.  Whoops.  You can probably tell I don't keep up with sports.  But whatever,  I still love it.  And the fact that I only paid $5 (on sale) for it makes me love it even more.  Go Red Socks!

 

Another thing I noticed this time around is that if you are looking for really cool and affordable sunnies, this is your jackpot.  You can definitely get sunnies there for less than $10.  It's amazing.  I saw these wicked cool cat eyed turquoise tinted sunnies that I had to have, unfortunately could not justify it.


Outfit Details:
Top: Vintage Nike
Pleather Pants: Ann Taylor via Goodwill!
Sunnies: The Black Martket (Check them out here too)
Necklace: H&M
Rings: H&M
Shoes: Nike 5.0
Backpack: Under1Sky *

2 comments:

  1. Wish you were a Dodger fan instead of a Red Sox fan. :-)

    And the Dodgers' team colors include blue!

    ReplyDelete