Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Why do plans have to keep changing?

April 22, 2020 | Toronto

JP4: Did you think you'd be here?

It's hard feeling like I'm stuck in this in-between stage, where nothing I planned has completely worked out.  Maybe it's just me being 20 years old and barely an adult, but the problem is I spend too much time planing and re-planing my life every time my life don't go accordingly.  I'm stuck back at home and with no job.  I've just been working on small personal projects everyday.  But by the end of the day it's like nothing I did really added up to anything.  I need to stop thinking so negatively.

Like, earlier today, I was working on altering a blouse to make it more fitted.  And after hours of repining and resewing these pesky darts, I still could not get the shirt to sit properly.  Once the sun started to go down, I began to feel really defeated, as though I had wasted an entire day to end up with nothing (I trashed the shirt).  Then again, I later on had more success at altering a pair of blue pants.  So was my day completely wasted?  I guess not.  But I could have done more.  And why do plans have to keep changing?!

I really hope tomorrow's journal prompt gets me in a more positive head space...

Canon M50
My friends graciously got a me gift card to Mejuri for my 20th because I'd been going on about how I really wanted to curate a classy, everyday jewelry collection with quality pieces.  I was really tempted to buy these croissant earrings from Mejuri, but instead opted to go for their simple "In Between" 14k hoops.  I couldn't be happier with that decision and I'm itching to buy another pair for my second piercings!

No comments:

Post a Comment