Monday, June 21, 2021

The Rockies Diary, Week 5 + 6: Delicious food & Aperos under the Sun

May 24, 2021 - May 30, 2021

*yes, I really only took one worthwhile picture this entire week (pictured above)... oops

On May 24, I got a curry chicken wrap and beet salad from Harvest CafĂ© (8/10).  Later that evening, the three of us had a few drinks and just hung out in the apartment.  I definitely drank too much and got sick many times the following day.  Although, I can't rule out eating a bad wrap - it did seem more like food poisoning.

May 31, 2021 - June 6, 2021

On May 31, I was dead set on getting the Mexi-Street Fries (9/10) from the PD3 by Blake food truck.  Eat them for a late lunch, I did, and spent day laying out under the sun and reading.  This was a very common theme this week because the weather was so great I just had too, right?

On June 1, I bought a linen dress from Trends Fashion - a consignment shop.  Guess what it was perfect for?  An apero!  This time, I had bought camembert cheese, baguette, and chili jam to really channel my inner French self.

On June 2, I had another apero at Riverside park.  I could do this everyday.

On June 3, after work, the three of us had a late night, patio dinner at Roses and Crown.  I got their fish and chips with gravy (10/10) and a Purple Rain drink.  The view from the patio looked like a Bob Ross painting!  Absolutely breathtaking - and we spotted a few rabbits that night, too.

On June 5, I worked all day and treated myself to some Thai takeout from the Thai House Restaurant.  I ordered a Tom Yum Koong (11/10) and their Mango sticky rice (5/10).  I did not realize the mango desert would have coconut in it.  I also just made myself some summer rolls because why not.

No comments:

Post a Comment