Monday, June 11, 2018

Day 5 March Break Trip: Sorrento to Bari to Brindisi to Patras


Day 5 (March 12) was another travel day.  Natalie, Arani, and I started our day off early by joining others for a morning jog through the streets of Sorrento.  It was an overcast, windy morning and at first, I had second thoughts about running, but after a couple minutes, I began to really enjoy myself.  Sorrento is by far my favourite city in Italy.  It's surrounded by stunning nature but has a lot of city life.

I learned during this trip that a great way to see the place you are visiting is to go for a morning jog.  This is a habit I plan on taking with me anywhere new I travel to.
 We started out running with the group but ended up taking our own way back.  We got lost for a second and decided to take photos, but eventually, we made our way back.
After the run, we returned back to Hotel Albatros to finish packing up our belongings and head for the road.  The rest of the day was spent on the bus and making quick pit stops at local gas stations.  It took many hours until we finally reached the port for our overnight ferry.  I had never been on an overnight ferry and wasn't expecting much from it.  The ferry we have at Toronto that goes to Center Island is a very average hard seated boat.  This overnight ferry, on the other hand, was like the Tiptop cruise from Suite Life on Deck!  It was crazy fancy.  There was another Italian school group there and people from our group hung out with them.  The Italians were very forward, to say the least.
I feel like during this trip I didn't do anything crazy.  Sometimes I think it's because of the friends I have.  I know my friends who go to another school would be a bit wilder.  I'd love to travel with Sena and Lindsay someday.

As I was saying, I didn't expect to get seasick, but alas I did begin the feel quite nauseously.  I found a spot on the deck that was isolated from the main parts of the ferry and which had a lovely view.  When it got really dark outside, I would look out and see nothing but black.  It could just stare into the void for hours.  I was even considering sleeping on the deck but refrained from doing so in the end.  Might have looked suspicious.

Anyways, I'm signing off for tonight.  I spent this whole day writing blog posts.

Night,

Sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment