Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Day 1 & 2 March Break Trip: Toronto to Rome

I'm currently typing up this recap as I sit in the lobby of my hotel in Tolo, Greece.

Day 1 (March 8th) was a travel day.  I met up with my school group at the Pearson Airport for 11am.  We had a layover at Montreal and then departed for Rome.

The company we are touring with is called Explorica and our guide is Nancy (we love her).

Rome is 6 hours ahead of Toronto so I slept throughout the entire flight to adjust to the time change.  Plus, we had touring plans for the entire next day when we landed.

Before we continue with this recap I'd like to mention that I might not remember the chronological occurrence of each picture; partly because they were taken on both my phone and camera, which leads me to state that some pictures have been edited via VSCO and some haven't.  I've got dozens of pictures to go through and I've only been editing them when I can here and there.  But if I edited them all I'd never get these posts up.
Anyways here we go...
Day 2 (March 9th) ~after landing~ we hopped on a bus (the one we'd be taking in Italy) and checked into our hotel.  Thanks Erasmo for being an awesome driver!

Once discovering our room had a private patio, of course, we took more pictures.  The view was great.

(I won't be listing where my clothing is from unless it's worth a mention).
We made a lunch stop at the Piazza Barberini, which is located in the center of the city.
I 100% recommend grabbing a slice (more like a slab) of pizza from Barberini Express, which is right across the Fontana del Tritone.
I split a pesto pizza with my friend.  Tasty and inexpensive :)
The Spanish Steps (Scalinata di Trinità dei Monti); built to connect the Trinità dei Monti church at the top to the Piazza di Spagna down below.
At the bottom of the steps there are a ton of designer shops.  The lanes are also great to just stroll down.
Gelato stop at Della Palma near the Trevi Fountain (Fontana di Trevi).  It's a gorgeous shop with dozens of cool flavours.   I got lime and blueberry.  Sweet, but very tasty.
Then we made it to the Trevi Fountain!  Stunning architecture.  It's good luck to toss a coin over your left shoulder.  Once a day the soldiers collect the coins, which go towards charity.
Pantheon; formerly a Roman temple, now a church.
We crossed a bridge in the evening with a great view of the Vatican and sunset.

(if you must know, I'm now finishing this post in Mykonos, Greece *wink*.  I think the rest of my posts will be written post-trip)

Ciao!

SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment