Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Malaysia Diaries May 2019: Last Few Days

It's very comforting living so close to all my extended family members; even if only for a couple weeks.  There's big family dinners and lots of socialization.  Sometimes it's exhausting keeping up with everyone's lives, but it's even harder when you live a 21 hour plane ride away.

When I was younger, I used to come to the Garden with my sister and Kong Kong.  We would spend hours in the park.  I felt very nostalgic visiting it this time around even if it was only for a short stroll.


At my uncle's wedding, I ran into one of his friends who went hiking with me in Cameron Highlands 6 years ago.  We managed to squeeze in one last hike at Ketumbar Hill before I got on the plane the next day.  It was great hike, but I am definitely not as fit as my former 13 year old self.  At least there were wild boar and monkeys at the top of the hill!


This fella loved me giving him a good ol' back scratch that he actually laid down haha.  He must have been really enjoying himself.  Glad I could be of service :)


Dinner at LK Soup House two nights in a row.


 Delicious Japanese cheesecake!


One last picture at the airport.

Now I've moved into my new place in Peterborough.  Here's to the rest of summer!

P.S. I miss you, Kong Kong.

1 comment:

  1. You look really happy in the photos. And so does the wild boar. Everything is so green and lush. I can sense the humidity from the lushness. What are your plans for the rest of the summer? It will be difficult to top this trip though.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete