Monday, July 21, 2014

My Top 5 Favourite Drugstore Products - July 2014


I was brainstorming ideas of what I could write about for this post.  Then, I realized that there are so many different drug store products I want to talk about so I thought: Why not talk about my top 5 favorite drugstore products.  So, that's what this post is going to be about if you haven't already realized.  :)

To start this off, I'm going to rave about my new Sally Hansen Hard As Nail Xtreme Wear: White On.  Sally Hansen is probably my favourite nail polish company because their reasonably priced and their consistency in their polish is perfection.  As you can see in the picture above, I chose a specific colour.  Now, although I love all of Sally Hansen's nail polishes and desperately want to stock up on more of their polishes, I've been absolutely loving and wearing constantly this colour for this summer.  White is such a flirty, universal, summery colour, and it goes with literally ever single colour you can think of.  From florescent pink hammer pants to  dark acid navy blue jean jackets -  you won't have to worry if your nails won't match your clothing - because they always will!

Next up I have my Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo.  I'm going to admit that I actually only discovered dry shampoo less than a year ago.  I know, that might sound crazy to all you fashion and beauty gurus out there, including me.  Nonetheless, now that I am somewhat caught up about dry shampoo, it has managed to find its way to my top 5.  Which is a good thing... I hope.  :)  More specifically, the one shown in the picture above.  This was my first dry shampoo I tried and still love it to this day.  First of all, I'd like to acknowledge how incredibly awesome it's scent is.  I wouldn't say its a specific fruity smell - but more along the lines of a very fresh clean scent.  That's probably a well as my describing its scent is going to get.  Other than that, it really does volumize my hair and make it's it feel replenished for the day to come.  I love spraying it to my hair and I always get compliments about how my hair smells so fresh.

Moving on to my Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing+Make-Up Remover.  I actually finished my first bottle and had to repurchase it.  Before this I was using my Estee Lauder make-up remover and disappointingly it didn't do it's jobs worth.  On to a more optimistic note, this make-up remover really does take away all my days worth of makeup and better yet, cleanses my face taking away all my dry flaky skin making it feel nice and soft.  Now, I have read some review online about this product and many people did mention that it stung their eyes or gave them an unwanted breakout, so this product obviously does not work well for everybody so I would keep that in mind if you ever wanted to give it a try.

Bringing us to the 4th product of this post is the Burt's Bees Peach & Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub.  Wow.  Just Wow.  Although it has no perfume scent because it is mostly natural, this product works wonders on my face.  It appears to be a thick creamy kind of product, but when you apply it to your face it just glides right on.  The main reason as to why I love this product so freakin much is because the cream contains finely ground peach stone - which are like little grains of sand, and although it is slightly rough on your skin, at least I know that it's truly cleansing my skin thoroughly and makes the bumps on my skin fade away.  However, do note that I wouldn't use this product every day as it is a bit rougher and intense on the skin.  I personally use it every 2 weeks.

Last, but definitely not my least, I have my L'Oreal Total Repair 5 Repairing Spray.  This thing smells like heaven all juiced up and poured into this bottle, then distributed all over the world to make it a better place (if that even makes sense).  I love to use this when I get out of the pool, or even after I take a shower.  My reason being is that it really does detangle and condition my hair in seconds.  It makes my hair silky smooth and it's super light weight compared to my normal dry fizzed up pouffy hair if I don't use it.  I would indefinitely without hesitation, recommend it to just about anybody.

So that's just about it.  My top 5 favourite drugstore product.  I hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing this. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment